Attention all members!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!
front firing or down firing????
-
broosky333
- Member
- Posts: 51
- Joined: Mon Feb 20, 2006 10:29 am
- Location: Minnesota
- William from NOLA
- Posts: 5172
- Joined: Tue Oct 05, 2004 8:00 am
- Location: Metairie, LA
- Contact:
- GlassWolf
- Master of My Domain
- Posts: 6725
- Joined: Thu Oct 07, 2004 4:00 am
- Location: Columbia, SC
- Contact:
hehe I have some cerwin vega LE12D subs from 1989 I ran in IASCA for years.. never been reconed or rebuilt. Foam surrounds still as nice as new aside from one small tear I repaired myself that's held since 1992. I have an old JL 10" around here somewhere too from about 95.
an Orion 2125SX, three 2250SX amps, and a myriad of Orion electronics like a 400BDG, 200CRXs, 300PRQs, 600PSW, MBR70, etc.. the stuff just lasts forever.
all pre-SMT, too which is nice in some ways. A lot easier for me to work on as my eyes get worse haha
as for the stuff I know and share, I'm far from knowing everything, but I'm an EE, and MECP gold cert'ed installer yes. I also spend a fair amount of time trying to keep up with newer products and technologies but most of the basics don't change.. like how to use the tools, electronics basics, and most of the installing skills are learned through experience plain and simple. I've been working in the field for about 15 years. Been a hobbyist since about '87.
an Orion 2125SX, three 2250SX amps, and a myriad of Orion electronics like a 400BDG, 200CRXs, 300PRQs, 600PSW, MBR70, etc.. the stuff just lasts forever.
all pre-SMT, too which is nice in some ways. A lot easier for me to work on as my eyes get worse haha
as for the stuff I know and share, I'm far from knowing everything, but I'm an EE, and MECP gold cert'ed installer yes. I also spend a fair amount of time trying to keep up with newer products and technologies but most of the basics don't change.. like how to use the tools, electronics basics, and most of the installing skills are learned through experience plain and simple. I've been working in the field for about 15 years. Been a hobbyist since about '87.

GlassWolf (aka KikiTheCat)
moderator-administrator
-
broosky333
- Member
- Posts: 51
- Joined: Mon Feb 20, 2006 10:29 am
- Location: Minnesota
I won't say what is under my belt...hehe
seriously though, Glasswolf is one amazingly brilliant guy, not Stephen Hawking, but better than a Skate Rat. Damn I crack me up. Anyway, his insight into car audio as well as Geolemon's, both these guys I could listen to all day long. I have been active in car audio for just over 20 years now, and have sold, managed, and owned a few shops. I leave the installing to the professionals, and I love to talk the talk...but there are a few that can talk the talk AND walk the walk. You will find more of these types of people here at CAC.net than any other forum I can think of right now. Sit back and relax, the information here will make your brain itch, but in a good way. Glad to have you on board.
--Joe
seriously though, Glasswolf is one amazingly brilliant guy, not Stephen Hawking, but better than a Skate Rat. Damn I crack me up. Anyway, his insight into car audio as well as Geolemon's, both these guys I could listen to all day long. I have been active in car audio for just over 20 years now, and have sold, managed, and owned a few shops. I leave the installing to the professionals, and I love to talk the talk...but there are a few that can talk the talk AND walk the walk. You will find more of these types of people here at CAC.net than any other forum I can think of right now. Sit back and relax, the information here will make your brain itch, but in a good way. Glad to have you on board.
--Joe
IASCA Certified SQ Judge
USACi Certified SQ Judge
MECA Certified SQ Judge
2010 USACi Spring Break Jam Modified SQ Champion
Moderator for https://www.facebook.com/groups/524841581331183/
CVD Audio Sales and Acquisitions Team
http://www.cvdaudio.com
USACi Certified SQ Judge
MECA Certified SQ Judge
2010 USACi Spring Break Jam Modified SQ Champion
Moderator for https://www.facebook.com/groups/524841581331183/
CVD Audio Sales and Acquisitions Team
http://www.cvdaudio.com
Hey, I'm an old skate rat...OnYrMrk wrote:I won't say what is under my belt...hehe
seriously though, Glasswolf is one amazingly brilliant guy, not Stephen Hawking, but better than a Skate Rat. Damn I crack me up.
I actually teach young kids skateboarding lessons at a local skatepark... I work with the recreation department to help them with their planning for the park, as well.
I love working with kids.
Truthfully, seems odd, but skateboarding taught me a lot... you set goals (tricks to learn), and take different approaches to reaching those goals (trying to land the trick), so that when one path doesn't seem to be working, you think creatively and try to find another path (try it another way).
And, the more goals you accomplish, the more they build off one another... like lego blocks, they can work together.
You learn how to do a kickflip, cool. You learn how to do a shove-it, cool.
...now, with much less effort than learning either of those, you can do a kickflip shove it.
Interestingly, the same things hold true in the business world - and people who can learn like this become highly adaptive... and people who are capable of recognizing the modularity of their own skills and how they can use past experiences to draw from become highly successful.
Anyway, it's still fun for me, at my age, to go to the skatepark, and make the little kids wonder if I'm some visiting older pro or something.
Little do they know I'm just practicing my business skills.
- GlassWolf
- Master of My Domain
- Posts: 6725
- Joined: Thu Oct 07, 2004 4:00 am
- Location: Columbia, SC
- Contact:
I was teasing. This kid on Overhaulin just seemed like he did a few too many drugs.. not a real quick one. lol The long hair and crappy mode of dress didn't help his cause.
I can relate to any sport like that though. Personally I raced bikes (time trials/triathlon) and rowed till I was in my mid-20s.
Just can't afford to row now, and I don't live on a paved road so the bike is shelved.
I can relate to any sport like that though. Personally I raced bikes (time trials/triathlon) and rowed till I was in my mid-20s.
Just can't afford to row now, and I don't live on a paved road so the bike is shelved.

GlassWolf (aka KikiTheCat)
moderator-administrator
I actually found a picture of my skatepark... and me, I think...
...although I can't really tell, with the helmet on I think I look 15 years younger - I should wear it all the time:
http://www.sk8parkinfo.com/images/parks/sp70img6.jpg
...facing the camera. It think that's me, anyway. It's not the clearest.

...although I can't really tell, with the helmet on I think I look 15 years younger - I should wear it all the time:
http://www.sk8parkinfo.com/images/parks/sp70img6.jpg
...facing the camera. It think that's me, anyway. It's not the clearest.