Attention all members!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!

Kicker VS. Eclipse (Which is Better)

All speaker/sub woofer related questions.
RawPower
Junior Member
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun Jan 30, 2005 3:11 pm

Kicker VS. Eclipse (Which is Better)

Post by RawPower »

Well im having a hard time deciding which is better Kicker Solo X or Eclipse Titanium Woofers for my Car so Please give me your Opinion.
Justin from Detroit1
Junior Member
Posts: 0
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 1969 6:00 pm
Location: Detroit

Post by Justin from Detroit1 »

I'd go with the Eclipse. Kicker has a high failure rate.
ridr4lif
Master of My Domain
Posts: 1654
Joined: Fri Oct 15, 2004 11:00 am
Location: East Hampton, NY

Post by ridr4lif »

Go with eclipse. I personally own a kicker square sub and i've had quite a few that have needed service by kicker. I'm on my 4th one in about 2 years.
The eclipse will prolly have better sound quality anywayz.
EDIT: http://www.woofersetc.com/subcatmfgprod ... 285&2=1093
i dont know where you were goin to shop, but this site has good prices

TEDD
Chris from MI
Senior Member
Posts: 371
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2005 7:09 pm
Location: Detroit, MI

Post by Chris from MI »

I would go with the Eclipse also. What are you aiming for with the system? SPL, SQL and what size you looking to get.
User avatar
William from NOLA
Posts: 5172
Joined: Tue Oct 05, 2004 8:00 am
Location: Metairie, LA
Contact:

Post by William from NOLA »

Kicker's L7's and L5's had problems with the tinsel leads snapping. I've heard many great things about the Eclipse Titaniums, they do good for SQL.
A.K.A. megahurts4 :: Member since: July 19, 2002 :eek:
ridr4lif
Master of My Domain
Posts: 1654
Joined: Fri Oct 15, 2004 11:00 am
Location: East Hampton, NY

Post by ridr4lif »

^^DITTO^^ to kicker L7 tinsel leads snapping. I just resoldered mine about 2 months ago. Its held up til now, but now ill just have to see how long it lasts.

TEDD
Ryan from Ohio
Posts: 13308
Joined: Fri Mar 17, 2000 12:00 pm
Contact:

Post by Ryan from Ohio »

The L7's will get louder. But as noted they have more than a fair share of problems.

I would go Eclipse and skip the problems.
-Ryan
www.caraudiocentral.net - Your #1 Car Audio Resource on the Net!
User avatar
GlassWolf
Master of My Domain
Posts: 6725
Joined: Thu Oct 07, 2004 4:00 am
Location: Columbia, SC
Contact:

Post by GlassWolf »

Eclipse Ti hands down.
If you want higher SPL, go with the Ti Pro instead.
Image
GlassWolf (aka KikiTheCat)
moderator-administrator
Post Reply