Attention all members!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!

JL 10w3v3 wiring issue?

Post all your general car audio questions here.
xloudcivicx
Junior Member
Posts: 23
Joined: Sat Apr 02, 2005 9:00 am
Location: mi

JL 10w3v3 wiring issue?

Post by xloudcivicx »

Hi. I just picked up a 10w3v3 in a box for $60!!! It's a great sub and sounds really good. It's a single 2ohm voice coil. I have it hooked up to a Precision Power 4200AM. It's specs are:
4 x 50W @ 4 ohms (12V)
4 x 100W @ 2 ohms (12V)
2 x 200W @ 4 ohms bridged (12V)

I think I bridged the front channels correctly: I ran the positive from one(the left or right, I cant remember) and the negative from the other(the left or right, I don't remember) to the sub.
When the sub hits hard, the low impendence light flashes. I have nothing hooked up to the rear channels.

Am i going to harm the amp by bridging it to a SVC 2ohm subwoofer?
User avatar
William from NOLA
Posts: 5172
Joined: Tue Oct 05, 2004 8:00 am
Location: Metairie, LA
Contact:

Post by William from NOLA »

You're overdriving the amp. It's running at 2ohms bridged instead of the 4 ohms it's made for.
A.K.A. megahurts4 :: Member since: July 19, 2002 :eek:
Ryan from Ohio
Posts: 13308
Joined: Fri Mar 17, 2000 12:00 pm
Contact:

Post by Ryan from Ohio »

^ Word.

The lowest the amp can handle is 4 Ohms per side bridged.
-Ryan
www.caraudiocentral.net - Your #1 Car Audio Resource on the Net!
Jon
Senior Member
Posts: 179
Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2008 6:35 am
Location: Toledo, OH
Contact:

Post by Jon »

Simple solutions:

1) Buy another matching sub to wire to 4 ohms

2) Buy a 2 ohm stable mono amp
Post Reply