Attention all members!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!

Your favorite car audio newb quote

Post all your general car audio questions here.
Bwcad1
Master of My Domain
Posts: 9312
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2005 11:00 am
Location: Ohio

Your favorite car audio newb quote

Post by Bwcad1 »

Originally Posted by Willkas View Post
today I was messin with my newly installed subs, i really have no clue what they are but they're definatly old school. Out of nowhere, it burts into awesome mode and starts shaking the garage doors of the entire lot ( work in a auto shop).
I just want to here some theories how this happened.
In case you were wondering I drive a tahoe and when I say loud I mean loud to the point that your ears will pop and it starts hurting.
ccc
ImageImage


ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
CaptainPioneer
Master of My Domain
Posts: 3389
Joined: Fri May 20, 2005 8:30 am
Location: Monroe, CT
Contact:

Post by CaptainPioneer »

"I'm pushing 2000w max rms to my subs."
COR UNUM VIA UNA - Jay Chmura
812_SaInT
Member
Posts: 39
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:59 am
Location: indiana

Post by 812_SaInT »

Man these subs are insane. I put 2 of them in a ported box giving each one .2 cubic feet and these things hit 190db on a daily basis. They are constantly blowing out the windows in my ford excursion.

off of onlinecarstereo about 20.00 dollar sound storm subs lol
loudwagon15s
Senior Member
Posts: 888
Joined: Fri Oct 06, 2006 3:58 pm
Location: Melbourne, Florida
Contact:

Post by loudwagon15s »

"is it good to run your sub with out a box? cause ive been running that till i finsh my box. and it sounds horrible. does the box make it sound better"

posted yesterday on smd

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/index.php?showtopic=48904&st=0&p=681754&#entry681754

.....i was new at audio at one point.....but damn

edit: ha they suspended 6 people for just lol at the kid and not offering any advice.....glad i offered advice, well....then again it is smd
User avatar
GlassWolf
Master of My Domain
Posts: 6725
Joined: Thu Oct 07, 2004 4:00 am
Location: Columbia, SC
Contact:

Post by GlassWolf »

can I just use some lamp cord or left over speaker wire for the power and ground on the amp?
do I need that REM wire thing too? whats that for?
Image
GlassWolf (aka KikiTheCat)
moderator-administrator
User avatar
NorthQuad
Master of My Domain
Posts: 1183
Joined: Tue May 10, 2005 8:00 am
Location: Alberta, Canada

Post by NorthQuad »

Haha, I had lamp cord.
Ryan from Ohio
Posts: 13308
Joined: Fri Mar 17, 2000 12:00 pm
Contact:

Post by Ryan from Ohio »

My favorites are those newbies who try to guess their SPL and blow it way, way, way high over anything feasible...
-Ryan
www.caraudiocentral.net - Your #1 Car Audio Resource on the Net!
User avatar
OnYrMrk
Posts: 2864
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2005 11:00 am
Location: Moore, Oklahoma
Contact:

Post by OnYrMrk »

Said to me, in person by my son's 16yo friend when he was 16...

I gots two 12 DbDrag 12's, and they gots a PowerCoustic 2500watts amp on them. I am hitting 170deebeez and that is only half way up.

my son: Dad, can you get me some of those???
IASCA Certified SQ Judge
USACi Certified SQ Judge
MECA Certified SQ Judge
2010 USACi Spring Break Jam Modified SQ Champion
Moderator for https://www.facebook.com/groups/524841581331183/
CVD Audio Sales and Acquisitions Team
http://www.cvdaudio.com
Ryan from Ohio
Posts: 13308
Joined: Fri Mar 17, 2000 12:00 pm
Contact:

Post by Ryan from Ohio »

I just lol'ed hardcore.

I was looking for SoundStream SPL170 stuff and came across this:
http://pittsburgh.craigslist.org/bar/1223672354.html

:surprised

Watch out Billy. Im going to be hitting 170 dBz...

:words
-Ryan
www.caraudiocentral.net - Your #1 Car Audio Resource on the Net!
User avatar
OnYrMrk
Posts: 2864
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2005 11:00 am
Location: Moore, Oklahoma
Contact:

Post by OnYrMrk »

WOOOOOWOOOWOWOWOWWWW

Doze are nice...deyz de best subwoofers ever...and I don't remember any Soundstream subs that cost 1200 each. That is amazing!
IASCA Certified SQ Judge
USACi Certified SQ Judge
MECA Certified SQ Judge
2010 USACi Spring Break Jam Modified SQ Champion
Moderator for https://www.facebook.com/groups/524841581331183/
CVD Audio Sales and Acquisitions Team
http://www.cvdaudio.com
Post Reply