Attention all members!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!
One to choose
-
thehardknoxlife
- Junior Member
- Posts: 19
- Joined: Sat Sep 10, 2005 8:17 pm
One to choose
I have narrowed my selection down to a few.
Alpine type-r
Kicker L5
Kicker L7
Pioneer Premier TS-W3002SPL
I want the best low bass that can be heard from afar with just 600 true watts.What would be the best buy for a SPL seeker like me?
Alpine type-r
Kicker L5
Kicker L7
Pioneer Premier TS-W3002SPL
I want the best low bass that can be heard from afar with just 600 true watts.What would be the best buy for a SPL seeker like me?
-
High Society
- Master of My Domain
- Posts: 2473
- Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2005 11:59 am
- Location: Philippines
- Contact:
L7 would have the most SPL, but they have problems. Tinsel lead snaping, and some others I believe. I know the Type-R is a sleeper. I have a 15R and it's great. I also ran two R12's, and sounded great. I dunno about the pioneer, so I can't comment on it. How come an SE isn't on the list?best buy for a SPL seeker like me
If you go the kicker route I would go with the compVR.
♠ Mateo ♠
80 pounds of Titanium
Proud Member of Team Wolfpack Audio
80 pounds of Titanium
Proud Member of Team Wolfpack Audio
-
ridr4lif
- Master of My Domain
- Posts: 1654
- Joined: Fri Oct 15, 2004 11:00 am
- Location: East Hampton, NY
I cant vouch for any of the others, but i can tell you to stay away from the kicker square subs. I have blown 2 and snapped the tinsel leads on one. They get down and are loud, but from a reliability standpoint, well, they just arent reliable. I know bwcad has experience w/ pioneer and a few more ppl on this board have experience w/ the alpines.
I would vote for the Alpine.
tedd
I would vote for the Alpine.
tedd
i like the alpine but id much rather you go with the 3002 that is the predicesor of my late 2000spl and i loved it the sub handled everthing i threw at it and it kept going. its big its loud and its reliable. the sq is ok but the spl is amazing other people will blast me for liking it because its pioneer. but its the upper level of pioneer which i belive is better than alpine. my friend has two type r running of two 600 watt alpine amps and i destroyed him with my single 2000spl on 760. i gurantee you wont be sorry. and if for some ungodly reason you are sell it to me! as for kicker dont like just because of what he said ^^^ other than that its all you
-
smoker
- Master of My Domain
- Posts: 4126
- Joined: Tue Mar 15, 2005 9:00 am
- Location: florence, ky
- Contact:
im gonna have to say either the alpine or pioneer from that list... if you do go with elevation though i would say a pro 12 vs. the comp 12. the pro is a higher quality dvc sub whereas the comp is their entry line. it still sounds damn good but for what you are looking at i think the pro will do you better.
had a guy in the shop yesterday with a single 12" type R and it sounded real good.
had a guy in the shop yesterday with a single 12" type R and it sounded real good.
-
Robert Wollenberg
- Posts: 1386
- Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2005 4:45 am
- Location: Abilene, Texas
If I may make a diff recommendation... I think you should also consider the Diamond Audio D3 series subs... I have seen a pair of 15's approach the 150db threshold...thehardknoxlife wrote:I have narrowed my selection down to a few.
Alpine type-r
Kicker L5
Kicker L7
Pioneer Premier TS-W3002SPL
I want the best low bass that can be heard from afar with just 600 true watts.What would be the best buy for a SPL seeker like me?
To me that is insane loud... but then again what do I know... I'm an SQ guy and rather sit in the car rather than afar

