Attention all members!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!

Looking for a DVD Burner, what to get?

Anything not related or doesnt fit another Forum.
User avatar
Chris from Washington
Posts: 4671
Joined: Sat Oct 02, 2004 8:00 am
Location: Washington
Contact:

Looking for a DVD Burner, what to get?

Post by Chris from Washington »

I would like to get a DVD Burner.

Not really sure what to get. Anyone out there have any recommendations?

I know to try and get one with the fastest write speed, but what else should I look for?

Thanks
Chris.
Ryan from Ohio
Posts: 13308
Joined: Fri Mar 17, 2000 12:00 pm
Contact:

Post by Ryan from Ohio »

Walmart had one for $70 that was acceptable.

16x write I think 48x CD write

Buffer memory is a thing to look at. Most only have like 2 or 4 MB....

The bigger, the better.
-Ryan
www.caraudiocentral.net - Your #1 Car Audio Resource on the Net!
User avatar
Chris from Washington
Posts: 4671
Joined: Sat Oct 02, 2004 8:00 am
Location: Washington
Contact:

Post by Chris from Washington »

I was looking on some other forums, and looks like either the nec 3500a or the Pioneer A08 are pretty hot right now.

huh, NEC my old workplace. Never thought I would actually consider buying something from them again.
Mercedesbends69
Senior Member
Posts: 503
Joined: Mon Oct 04, 2004 11:00 am
Location: Owosso, MI

Post by Mercedesbends69 »

Make sure you look into one that is + and - RW so you don't have to worry about compadibility.
User avatar
William from NOLA
Posts: 5172
Joined: Tue Oct 05, 2004 8:00 am
Location: Metairie, LA
Contact:

Post by William from NOLA »

Ditto what mercedesbends69 said. Plus you will want to look into Lite On (best company) and Sony is very good too. I have an older 4x +- dvdrw from sony and it works very well.
A.K.A. megahurts4 :: Member since: July 19, 2002 :eek:
Scarrell
Master of My Domain
Posts: 1479
Joined: Wed Oct 06, 2004 8:00 am
Location: Carmi, Illinois

Post by Scarrell »

our Wally World here has them Lite On DVD Burners for about $100, my dad is going to buy one sometime, his brother has one.. they seem to do pretty good.
j0sh_o6
Junior Member
Posts: 24
Joined: Thu Oct 07, 2004 7:57 pm
Location: Pennsylvania

Post by j0sh_o6 »

Chris from Washington wrote:I was looking on some other forums, and looks like either the nec 3500a or the Pioneer A08 are pretty hot right now.

huh, NEC my old workplace. Never thought I would actually consider buying something from them again.

i would go with the pioneer A08
i have the pioneer A06 (just older model) and i love it has yet to let me down have burnt approx 100 dvd's and upwords of 200-300 cd's with outa a glitch yet would highly recomend pioneer dvd burner
User avatar
Chris from Washington
Posts: 4671
Joined: Sat Oct 02, 2004 8:00 am
Location: Washington
Contact:

Post by Chris from Washington »

OK, I think I'm going to either pick the NEC or the Pioneer.

From some of the reviews I've been reading the NEC is the better burner. Plus depending on where you buy it from, it comes with Nero. The Pioneer seems to only come with Roxio.

Plus it seems to be alot cheaper then the Pioneer too.

Here is the specs of the NEC
http://osnews.pricegrabber.com/search_techspecs_full.php/masterid=3648375#description

Here is the specs of the Pioneer.
http://osnews.pricegrabber.com/search_t ... escription
User avatar
lotas
Posts: 1112
Joined: Tue Oct 05, 2004 8:00 am
Location: WA

Post by lotas »

http://www.newegg.com


i dunno if thats how you spell it, but a bunch of my buddies build computers and thats where they buy their stuff.

might be like http://www.neweg.com

you might have heard of it though.
Mercedesbends69
Senior Member
Posts: 503
Joined: Mon Oct 04, 2004 11:00 am
Location: Owosso, MI

Post by Mercedesbends69 »

Post Reply