Attention all members!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!

Mono vs Stereo

All questions related to amplifier installation and troubleshooting.
j0sh_o6
Junior Member
Posts: 24
Joined: Thu Oct 07, 2004 7:57 pm
Location: Pennsylvania

Mono vs Stereo

Post by j0sh_o6 »

I've been wondering what is the better for sound quality mainly but I also wanna be able to bump hard I had planned on purchasing a mono amp but a friend of mine said they make your sub sound like crap and I should go with a 2 ch amp and bridge it. What im gonna be running is a single Adire audio Brahma 12" and had thought about the JBL BP 1200.1

*note* nothing has been purchased yet so I can still switch it up.

My main goal as said above I want good sound quality but I also wanna bump hard.

Thanks for any help
Justin from Detroit1
Junior Member
Posts: 0
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 1969 6:00 pm
Location: Detroit

Post by Justin from Detroit1 »

The only difference is with a stereo amp the left and right and seperated into each sub, in a mono block both subs get the same signal. No difference sound quality wise.
j0sh_o6
Junior Member
Posts: 24
Joined: Thu Oct 07, 2004 7:57 pm
Location: Pennsylvania

Post by j0sh_o6 »

ok thanks for the quick reply and plain and easy to understand answer

also does that setup i mentioned sound good to what i wanna do?
Post Reply