Attention all members!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!

Head Unit Selection

Post a reply

Confirmation code
Enter the code exactly as it appears. All letters are case insensitive.
Smilies
:awesome: :argh :ditto :inout :words :bow :cheers: :bigwink: :fing02: :sad017: :scorp: :o :D ;) :p :unwell028 :tongue017 :thumbsup :surprised :sm29: :angry011: :angry015: :angry012: :nono: :angry010: :nono :banghead :mad: :dif :angry :CRZ_13: :eek: :confused: :confused0 :confused :( :sad: :cool: :dance :mecry: :jesterlol :embarrass :flame: :doh :evil019: :evil001: :rolleyes: :sub:
View more smilies

BBCode is ON
[img] is ON
[url] is ON
Smilies are ON

Topic review
   

Expand view Topic review: Head Unit Selection

by Tim » Sun Feb 08, 2009 5:55 pm

Ryan from Ohio wrote:Ive been using it for some time.
I had to pull it out to hook up my RCAs and make sure the remote wire was on also

hmmm. that is sorta odd then aint it.

oh well long as its working now.

Tim

by falkenbd » Sun Feb 08, 2009 5:22 pm

i've blown a fuse on those before when I was using a dmm to try and figure out which was one switched and which was constant.

by Ryan from Ohio » Sun Feb 08, 2009 2:50 pm

Ive been using it for some time.

I had to pull it out to hook up my RCAs and make sure the remote wire was on also

by Tim » Sun Feb 08, 2009 2:17 pm

Ryan from Ohio wrote:After some head scratching I decided to test the 12V Swtiched. Of course, no power on the pin. Checked fuse, it was blown... :(
All is well now.
I just dont know what I did to cause a fuse to blow in the first place...

Heres a stupid respnse but....Are you sure the fuse wasnt blown already. Myabe when you got the unit. Or did you check that??

Tim

by Ryan from Ohio » Sat Feb 07, 2009 1:57 pm

After some head scratching I decided to test the 12V Swtiched. Of course, no power on the pin. Checked fuse, it was blown... :(

All is well now.

I just dont know what I did to cause a fuse to blow in the first place...

by William from NOLA » Sat Feb 07, 2009 12:43 pm

Man, you have some horrible luck with electronics lately. I think you need to check to see if you have some kind of electrical energy running through you. I'll have to call you Rayden or something.

by Ryan from Ohio » Sat Feb 07, 2009 11:24 am

Well today I was getting my RCAs all plugged in. Making sure my Remote wire was attached to the right output also.

Went to put the unit back in place. Got my trim back in place.

HU wont work? It will eject and accept CDs and thats it.

Im a bit pissed now.

WTF is up with stuff lately?

by Ryan from Ohio » Wed Oct 01, 2008 5:06 am

The polish is made by Novus.

Heres the guy I bought from:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... %26otn%3D3

Thats the best price I could find on a quick search. Some websites had it but wanted like $18 for a kit + shipping.

The seller was super quick to ship also...

Its a bit of work. You need to tear the face apart. Need to clean the cracks and button holes out well also. I put about an hour into polishing the scratches out. I got 95% of them. Not worth going after the others. What remains were some of the deeper scratches but they are much smaller now.

by Bwcad1 » Wed Oct 01, 2008 4:10 am

thats freaking awesome how much was it? more info!

by cargodz » Wed Oct 01, 2008 2:57 am

NorthQuad wrote:Dude, that came out way better than I though it would.
^ Hell ya it did :thumbsup

Top