Attention all members!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!

loud button

Post a reply

Confirmation code
Enter the code exactly as it appears. All letters are case insensitive.
Smilies
:awesome: :argh :ditto :inout :words :bow :cheers: :bigwink: :fing02: :sad017: :scorp: :o :D ;) :p :unwell028 :tongue017 :thumbsup :surprised :sm29: :angry011: :angry015: :angry012: :nono: :angry010: :nono :banghead :mad: :dif :angry :CRZ_13: :eek: :confused: :confused0 :confused :( :sad: :cool: :dance :mecry: :jesterlol :embarrass :flame: :doh :evil019: :evil001: :rolleyes: :sub:
View more smilies

BBCode is ON
[img] is ON
[url] is ON
Smilies are ON

Topic review
   

Expand view Topic review: loud button

by RetroAudioInc » Sat Feb 07, 2009 5:30 pm

Loud button = bad news..

by Tim » Thu Feb 05, 2009 4:42 pm

CaptainPioneer wrote:do you have an amp connected or are you powering the speakers of the Deck?

Maybe the Loud button is sending extra watts to the speaker hence creating less clipping???

Sorry thats probably a crappy answer.
nope no amp just the deck.

it may be. that is about the only thing I can think of.

ahh no worries, it still gives me something to chew on.

tim

by CaptainPioneer » Thu Feb 05, 2009 6:22 am

do you have an amp connected or are you powering the speakers of the Deck?

Maybe the Loud button is sending extra watts to the speaker hence creating less clipping???

Sorry thats probably a crappy answer.

by William from NOLA » Wed Feb 04, 2009 5:07 pm

Are you actually turning it off instead of on?

by Tim » Wed Feb 04, 2009 8:35 am

Me neither. I never use the loud button, but it seems to have made a difference at least on these three songs. It has completely got me puzzled.
At first I thought the internal amp was clipping, but when I pressed the loud button it made it sound better.

I thought maybe the extra few decibles was pumping up the low end of the sound and drowning out the "pops".

Keep thinking on it and keep the ideas coming.

Tim

by Ryan from Ohio » Wed Feb 04, 2009 7:57 am

? The loud button usually only makes things worse... Never heard of it making it better? lol

by sinister audio » Wed Feb 04, 2009 7:44 am

sounds like it is working backwards to me. Stereos usually sound like crap with the loud button on.

loud button

by Tim » Wed Feb 04, 2009 7:01 am

Hey everybody, I got a question. When I play a certain couple songs my front speakers "pop" on the bass notes. It is really quite disturbing. The other day I noticed it and I thought why not, I pressed the loud button and the pop went away.

I realize that when the button is off and the speakers pop, the stereo could be clipping, but why does it go away when the loud button is pressed??
Does the extra ~6 db the button adds just mask the pop I'm hearing or what?? It seems to me it would make it worse.


Thanks,

Tim

Top