Attention all members!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!

loud button

Car stereo head units, EQ, and DSP questions.
Tim
Master of My Domain
Posts: 1886
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 8:46 pm
Location: 1060 W. Addison

loud button

Post by Tim »

Hey everybody, I got a question. When I play a certain couple songs my front speakers "pop" on the bass notes. It is really quite disturbing. The other day I noticed it and I thought why not, I pressed the loud button and the pop went away.

I realize that when the button is off and the speakers pop, the stereo could be clipping, but why does it go away when the loud button is pressed??
Does the extra ~6 db the button adds just mask the pop I'm hearing or what?? It seems to me it would make it worse.


Thanks,

Tim
"The opinions expressed in the preceding post are purely an opinion and not meant to be used as a reference. So if you screw something up because of something I said I will not and can not be held responsible". Thank you for understanding.
Tim Strong
http://upscaleaudiodesigns.webs.com/
Email: [email protected]
X-box Live Gamertag:quad drpr
sinister audio
Master of My Domain
Posts: 2562
Joined: Sat Mar 19, 2005 9:00 am
Location: Watertown, South Dakota
Contact:

Post by sinister audio »

sounds like it is working backwards to me. Stereos usually sound like crap with the loud button on.
Ryan from Ohio
Posts: 13308
Joined: Fri Mar 17, 2000 12:00 pm
Contact:

Post by Ryan from Ohio »

? The loud button usually only makes things worse... Never heard of it making it better? lol
-Ryan
www.caraudiocentral.net - Your #1 Car Audio Resource on the Net!
Tim
Master of My Domain
Posts: 1886
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 8:46 pm
Location: 1060 W. Addison

Post by Tim »

Me neither. I never use the loud button, but it seems to have made a difference at least on these three songs. It has completely got me puzzled.
At first I thought the internal amp was clipping, but when I pressed the loud button it made it sound better.

I thought maybe the extra few decibles was pumping up the low end of the sound and drowning out the "pops".

Keep thinking on it and keep the ideas coming.

Tim
"The opinions expressed in the preceding post are purely an opinion and not meant to be used as a reference. So if you screw something up because of something I said I will not and can not be held responsible". Thank you for understanding.
Tim Strong
http://upscaleaudiodesigns.webs.com/
Email: [email protected]
X-box Live Gamertag:quad drpr
User avatar
William from NOLA
Posts: 5172
Joined: Tue Oct 05, 2004 8:00 am
Location: Metairie, LA
Contact:

Post by William from NOLA »

Are you actually turning it off instead of on?
A.K.A. megahurts4 :: Member since: July 19, 2002 :eek:
CaptainPioneer
Master of My Domain
Posts: 3389
Joined: Fri May 20, 2005 8:30 am
Location: Monroe, CT
Contact:

Post by CaptainPioneer »

do you have an amp connected or are you powering the speakers of the Deck?

Maybe the Loud button is sending extra watts to the speaker hence creating less clipping???

Sorry thats probably a crappy answer.
COR UNUM VIA UNA - Jay Chmura
Tim
Master of My Domain
Posts: 1886
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 8:46 pm
Location: 1060 W. Addison

Post by Tim »

CaptainPioneer wrote:do you have an amp connected or are you powering the speakers of the Deck?

Maybe the Loud button is sending extra watts to the speaker hence creating less clipping???

Sorry thats probably a crappy answer.
nope no amp just the deck.

it may be. that is about the only thing I can think of.

ahh no worries, it still gives me something to chew on.

tim
"The opinions expressed in the preceding post are purely an opinion and not meant to be used as a reference. So if you screw something up because of something I said I will not and can not be held responsible". Thank you for understanding.
Tim Strong
http://upscaleaudiodesigns.webs.com/
Email: [email protected]
X-box Live Gamertag:quad drpr
RetroAudioInc
Junior Member
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2009 5:15 pm

Post by RetroAudioInc »

Loud button = bad news..
Post Reply