Attention all members!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!

One to choose

Post a reply

Confirmation code
Enter the code exactly as it appears. All letters are case insensitive.
Smilies
:awesome: :argh :ditto :inout :words :bow :cheers: :bigwink: :fing02: :sad017: :scorp: :o :D ;) :p :unwell028 :tongue017 :thumbsup :surprised :sm29: :angry011: :angry015: :angry012: :nono: :angry010: :nono :banghead :mad: :dif :angry :CRZ_13: :eek: :confused: :confused0 :confused :( :sad: :cool: :dance :mecry: :jesterlol :embarrass :flame: :doh :evil019: :evil001: :rolleyes: :sub:
View more smilies

BBCode is ON
[img] is ON
[url] is ON
Smilies are ON

Topic review
   

Expand view Topic review: One to choose

by thehardknoxlife » Wed Sep 21, 2005 4:59 pm

Keep in mind im only gonna push 600 watts to the sub.

The SE is only avaliable in DVC 4 ohm and you can get the others DVC 2 ohm

by thehardknoxlife » Wed Sep 21, 2005 4:57 pm

High Society wrote:L7 would have the most SPL, but they have problems. Tinsel lead snaping, and some others I believe. I know the Type-R is a sleeper. I have a 15R and it's great. I also ran two R12's, and sounded great. I dunno about the pioneer, so I can't comment on it. How come an SE isn't on the list?

If you go the kicker route I would go with the compVR.
The SE is only avaliable in DVC 4 ohm and you can get the others DVC 2 ohm

by MobileAudio219 » Wed Sep 21, 2005 10:16 am

I 2nd the comp vrs... Get yourself two 12's, port them and be very happy. :thumbsup

by racerraul » Wed Sep 21, 2005 5:31 am

thehardknoxlife wrote:I have narrowed my selection down to a few.

Alpine type-r
Kicker L5
Kicker L7
Pioneer Premier TS-W3002SPL

I want the best low bass that can be heard from afar with just 600 true watts.What would be the best buy for a SPL seeker like me?
If I may make a diff recommendation... I think you should also consider the Diamond Audio D3 series subs... I have seen a pair of 15's approach the 150db threshold...

To me that is insane loud... but then again what do I know... I'm an SQ guy and rather sit in the car rather than afar ;) J/K

by Robert Wollenberg » Wed Sep 21, 2005 5:13 am

I've got the L7s and I haven't had a problem with them. Been running them for at least 3 years now. I can't vouch for the entire line, but I can vouch for the two in the back of my Jeep.

by smoker » Wed Sep 21, 2005 4:57 am

Bwcad1 wrote:Agreed^ Budget Was My Concern

dont sweat it dude......its not your money :)

by Bwcad1 » Wed Sep 21, 2005 4:55 am

Agreed^ Budget Was My Concern

by smoker » Wed Sep 21, 2005 4:48 am

im gonna have to say either the alpine or pioneer from that list... if you do go with elevation though i would say a pro 12 vs. the comp 12. the pro is a higher quality dvc sub whereas the comp is their entry line. it still sounds damn good but for what you are looking at i think the pro will do you better.

had a guy in the shop yesterday with a single 12" type R and it sounded real good.

by Bwcad1 » Wed Sep 21, 2005 4:31 am

also look at elevations comp 12

by Bwcad1 » Wed Sep 21, 2005 4:15 am

i like the alpine but id much rather you go with the 3002 that is the predicesor of my late 2000spl and i loved it the sub handled everthing i threw at it and it kept going. its big its loud and its reliable. the sq is ok but the spl is amazing other people will blast me for liking it because its pioneer. but its the upper level of pioneer which i belive is better than alpine. my friend has two type r running of two 600 watt alpine amps and i destroyed him with my single 2000spl on 760. i gurantee you wont be sorry. and if for some ungodly reason you are sell it to me! as for kicker dont like just because of what he said ^^^ other than that its all you

Top