Attention all members!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!

for you Jeep fans out there

Anything not related or doesnt fit another Forum.
Bwcad1
Master of My Domain
Posts: 9312
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2005 11:00 am
Location: Ohio

Post by Bwcad1 »

JASON96R wrote:350, is not the best engine ever made. Everyone, likes them because parts are so cheap for them. I mean the 327 is the better GM engine. I don't know much about Ford engines, but a 340 or 360 could have put him in the same range easily it just would have maybe been a bit cheaper. I have a Plymouth Barracuda that including price of car I have running around the same times for $5000, I spent $2000 on the engine. BTW, best engine ever made is the 426 HEMI. Just go to NASCAR, any top fuel drag car Chevy, Ford, Dodge, even Toyota can all thank the HEMI.
must be a mopar guy :rolleyes:
there is a reason shelby uses the 350 in the cobra.
ImageImage


ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
CaptainPioneer
Master of My Domain
Posts: 3389
Joined: Fri May 20, 2005 8:30 am
Location: Monroe, CT
Contact:

Post by CaptainPioneer »

Im a Mopar guy... But really no one can say that there is any motor that has as celebrated a history as the Hemi... A lot of modern engines... Including the 350... owes its design and advancement to the Hemi.
COR UNUM VIA UNA - Jay Chmura
Bwcad1
Master of My Domain
Posts: 9312
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2005 11:00 am
Location: Ohio

Post by Bwcad1 »

CaptainPioneer wrote:Im a Mopar guy... But really no one can say that there is any motor that has as celebrated a history as the Hemi... A lot of modern engines... Including the 350... owes its design and advancement to the Hemi.

thats extremely arguable can you prove that?
ImageImage


ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
cargodz
Master of My Domain
Posts: 4771
Joined: Tue Jul 04, 2006 7:21 am
Location: NW Ohio
Contact:

Post by cargodz »

No... Again I say NO motor has stood the test of time the way the Chevy small block has... And trust me it has been celebrated plenty.
See you guys are trying to compare what is technically two different subjects... Big Blocks and Small Blocks... As for Small blocks, All hail to the king of the mighty 350 (cheap and yet so many variables)... Even Ford (the arch rival) has given credit to the mighty mini :D
Now it talking Big Blocks, I will not argue the Hemi as again it is reknown for it mighty powers on the circuits and the longest lived of the Big Boys ;)
-Michael
http://www.teamcargodzinc.com :thumbsup
Hear It, See It, Feel It, Punch It!
And Proud Sponsor of
Team Wolf Pack Audio
Authorized Dealer
Bwcad1
Master of My Domain
Posts: 9312
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2005 11:00 am
Location: Ohio

Post by Bwcad1 »

i agree with michael hands down for the first time in my entire life.
ImageImage


ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
cargodz
Master of My Domain
Posts: 4771
Joined: Tue Jul 04, 2006 7:21 am
Location: NW Ohio
Contact:

Post by cargodz »

Bwcad1 wrote:i agree with michael hands down for the first time in my entire life.
:surprised OMG... I figured for sure Bill would be the only one to argue with me (since he always does :p )... Everyone quick, run for cover, the end is near! LOL
Seriously though, I've seen many motors come and go and there is but one lil motor that's stuck through it all......... 350 Baby :attitude
-Michael
http://www.teamcargodzinc.com :thumbsup
Hear It, See It, Feel It, Punch It!
And Proud Sponsor of
Team Wolf Pack Audio
Authorized Dealer
snoogins
Junior Member
Posts: 15
Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 2:47 pm

Post by snoogins »

CaptainPioneer wrote:yea this maybe true but its a well known fact that a lot of jeeps use 350's in them ... I doubt they will care too too much especially if they show that jeep in the 1/4 mile
Really? Are those the ones in the srt's and 5.7 grands?
CaptainPioneer
Master of My Domain
Posts: 3389
Joined: Fri May 20, 2005 8:30 am
Location: Monroe, CT
Contact:

Post by CaptainPioneer »

Clearly u have no idea what you are talking about...^^^ the older Jeeps, mostly older wranglers swap out their engine for a 350 because of its light weight and great power and torque for muddin... Of course new Jeeps arent goign to have 350's in them... their engines arent in need to be replaced.. the SRT's are running modded 5.7 Hemi's and 6.1 HEMI's... Older Wranglers and CHerokees are runnning that engine for offroad performance...

The fact that the one that we are discussing is a dragster is just an anomaly among jeeps... even then they guy had the truck jacked up... so clearly that 350 was originally intended for offroading
COR UNUM VIA UNA - Jay Chmura
JASON96R
Senior Member
Posts: 277
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 9:29 pm
Location: OH

Post by JASON96R »

I start with I'm not trying to start a fight LOL. To be technical someone said the 350 must be the best engine ever made, so me arguing a big block is an engine. The 350 is a great engine, and it is amazing how cheap things are for them. You can not discount the mini HEMI the 340, that is a nickname it has. There are honestly few of them made and they are expensive but great engines, as are the 360's. If I was to start all over again, I would never throw a chevy engine in my Cuda, but I would go 350 you start so far ahead just because of the price of performance parts for it. A HEMI is just a thing of beauty and was well ahead of its time, first HEMI came out in 1954 I believe, there are also 354 and 392 HEMI. Because like my 360 the 350 came in everything they are just kind of blah to me. A 426 HEMI is just a thing of beauty. Think about this the 426 HEMI was first put into production in a 1968 Barracuda under limited sales. That car was a street legal drag car sold to dealerships, SOX and MARTIN sure you have heard of them, and even some private buyers. That car would run in the low 11's and with some tuning would get into the 10's. I believe they are still considered the fastest in the quarter mile production car ever.

Yes, I am a MOPAR guy, I just like to be different and I love to absolutely destroy the local kid with the Chevelle that his rich daddy built for him.
CaptainPioneer
Master of My Domain
Posts: 3389
Joined: Fri May 20, 2005 8:30 am
Location: Monroe, CT
Contact:

Post by CaptainPioneer »

i wish i had a 340 or 360 to drop into my Dodge... :( Actually if i had the funds that would be the next on the list with a Dana 720 rear
COR UNUM VIA UNA - Jay Chmura
Post Reply