OK, I'm going to be dismantling my head unit soon. I'm replacing the ribbon cable that connects the flip down face to the main unit.
The Deck is a CD8445. Anyone have any advice?
Also, is there a cheap solution for being able to power it up in the house?
I want to make sure its in full working order before I put it back into the car.
Attention all members!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!
Head unit repair
-
Ryan from Ohio
- Posts: 13308
- Joined: Fri Mar 17, 2000 12:00 pm
- Contact:
Computer ATX power supply. Steady clean 12V.
I take ityou already got the cable?
Theres a few 8445's onca.com for around $150.
I take ityou already got the cable?
Theres a few 8445's onca.com for around $150.
-Ryan
www.caraudiocentral.net - Your #1 Car Audio Resource on the Net!
www.caraudiocentral.net - Your #1 Car Audio Resource on the Net!
-
Ryan from Ohio
- Posts: 13308
- Joined: Fri Mar 17, 2000 12:00 pm
- Contact:
Ok I cant remember correctly. Its the older computer power supplies. YOu can just use the 11V rail without any issues. Doubt you can get them anymore.
I would just use the car battery.
I would just use the car battery.
-Ryan
www.caraudiocentral.net - Your #1 Car Audio Resource on the Net!
www.caraudiocentral.net - Your #1 Car Audio Resource on the Net!

