Attention all members!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!

Head unit repair

Car stereo head units, EQ, and DSP questions.
falkenbd
Senior Member
Posts: 932
Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2007 8:39 pm
Location: Milwaukee, WI

Head unit repair

Post by falkenbd »

OK, I'm going to be dismantling my head unit soon. I'm replacing the ribbon cable that connects the flip down face to the main unit.

The Deck is a CD8445. Anyone have any advice?

Also, is there a cheap solution for being able to power it up in the house?

I want to make sure its in full working order before I put it back into the car.
Ryan from Ohio
Posts: 13308
Joined: Fri Mar 17, 2000 12:00 pm
Contact:

Post by Ryan from Ohio »

Computer ATX power supply. Steady clean 12V.

I take ityou already got the cable?

Theres a few 8445's onca.com for around $150.
-Ryan
www.caraudiocentral.net - Your #1 Car Audio Resource on the Net!
falkenbd
Senior Member
Posts: 932
Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2007 8:39 pm
Location: Milwaukee, WI

Post by falkenbd »

I got the cable from united radio. should be here this week.

How do you use the ATX power supply?
Bwcad1
Master of My Domain
Posts: 9312
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2005 11:00 am
Location: Ohio

Post by Bwcad1 »

Ryan from Ohio wrote:Computer ATX power supply. Steady clean 12V.
I take ityou already got the cable?
Theres a few 8445's onca.com for around $150.
If you dont jump across a certain set of wires you will fry the PSU ask joey c about that lol ;)
ImageImage


ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
falkenbd
Senior Member
Posts: 932
Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2007 8:39 pm
Location: Milwaukee, WI

Post by falkenbd »

anyone?
Ryan from Ohio
Posts: 13308
Joined: Fri Mar 17, 2000 12:00 pm
Contact:

Post by Ryan from Ohio »

Ok I cant remember correctly. Its the older computer power supplies. YOu can just use the 11V rail without any issues. Doubt you can get them anymore.

I would just use the car battery.
-Ryan
www.caraudiocentral.net - Your #1 Car Audio Resource on the Net!
Post Reply