Attention all members!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!

Name of subwoofer

All speaker/sub woofer related questions.
User avatar
GlassWolf
Master of My Domain
Posts: 6725
Joined: Thu Oct 07, 2004 4:00 am
Location: Columbia, SC
Contact:

Post by GlassWolf »

well, that's just over twice the cost of a 12W0 here in the US
Image
GlassWolf (aka KikiTheCat)
moderator-administrator
iondb
Junior Member
Posts: 13
Joined: Wed Aug 31, 2005 4:50 am
Location: South Africa

Post by iondb »

WoW!! No wonder our market gets flooded with all the crap. They can put up heavy margins on that and still be competitive price wise.A good normal setup will cost you round about $2500 here if you use stuff like RF, Alpine etc.. Not to mention JL Cerwin Vega and all those okes. This system doesn't include any dvd or screens, just deck,amps, sub and front stage.I think pyramid will make a killing here :p
daykareboards
Senior Member
Posts: 112
Joined: Sun Oct 10, 2004 10:24 pm
Location: Detroit,Mi

Post by daykareboards »

you said the rf p2's go for about 150... not worth the money, i had 2 of them running off a kenwood kac-7202 and it sounded ok, but then i threw in 1 alpine type-r i got off e-bay for $100 the difference in quality and loudness are night n day.
User avatar
GlassWolf
Master of My Domain
Posts: 6725
Joined: Thu Oct 07, 2004 4:00 am
Location: Columbia, SC
Contact:

Post by GlassWolf »

don't feel badly. I don't run any video in my own car. strictly 2 subs, front stage, and a CD player with some signal processing and amplifiers. I won't even tell ya what my system is insured for :)
Image
GlassWolf (aka KikiTheCat)
moderator-administrator
MazdaMan
Junior Member
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed Sep 14, 2005 7:23 am
Location: Houston

Post by MazdaMan »

Basstronics wrote:The new eD subs are not that same style as they used to be.

as for your question... I REALLY like the Arc udio ARC series subs. THey take 250 WRMS but 200 WRMS will easily make a 12" go boom like so :excited:

Really nice subs. You can beat the snot out of them and they will keep on going and going.

I highly reccomend them. The build quality is just superb!
Any idea on pricing. Can they be purchased online? This is the second time in 2 days I've come across them and now I'm currious.

Thanks
Ryan from Ohio
Posts: 13308
Joined: Fri Mar 17, 2000 12:00 pm
Contact:

Post by Ryan from Ohio »

Whats that the eD sub or the ARC?

eD can be bought online although I wont reccomend them.

ARC is not supposed to be sold online but you can sometimes find it.
-Ryan
www.caraudiocentral.net - Your #1 Car Audio Resource on the Net!
MazdaMan
Junior Member
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed Sep 14, 2005 7:23 am
Location: Houston

Post by MazdaMan »

I was refering to the Arc Audio. So you must get them direct from Arc?
ridr4lif
Master of My Domain
Posts: 1654
Joined: Fri Oct 15, 2004 11:00 am
Location: East Hampton, NY

Post by ridr4lif »

I think Justin from Detroit still sells Arc. Try sending him a pm or check his website at http://www.detroitbass.com

tedd
High Society
Master of My Domain
Posts: 2473
Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2005 11:59 am
Location: Philippines
Contact:

Post by High Society »

ArcAudio.com look on there dealer list, and see if there's any in your area. Also consider a RE 8,10, or 12. 175rms, 200 wouldn't hurt it a bit. I running 4 of these and they sound great.
♠ Mateo ♠

80 pounds of Titanium
Proud Member of Team Wolfpack Audio
High Society
Master of My Domain
Posts: 2473
Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2005 11:59 am
Location: Philippines
Contact:

Post by High Society »

I think Justin from Detroit still sells Arc. Try sending him a pm or check his website at http://www.detroitbass.com
Isn't he running a special too?
♠ Mateo ♠

80 pounds of Titanium
Proud Member of Team Wolfpack Audio
Post Reply